Studies have shown that heating your foods up in plastic can be toxic to your body.
- Plastic leaches chemicals when heated and that they can be dangerous to our health. (source: NPR)
- In a recent small study conducted at Stanford University it was found that chances of miscarriage increased to 80% from foods heated in plastic. (source: The Telegraph)
- Phthalates and polystyrene (Styrofoam) have consistently made headlines as various studies have emerged solidifying the link between chemicals common in many plastics, and various health problems, including cancer, diabetes, obesity and the attention disorder ADHD. (source: Plastic Free Times)
- A study from Harvard University has determined that bisphenol A , a chemical additive found in plastics, may be causing higher instances of birth defects and infertility. (source: Plastic Free Times)
- Phthalates — Chemicals Widely Found in Plastics and Processed Food — Linked to Elevated Blood Pressure in Children and Teens (source: Science Daily)
Pledge to stop heating and eating out of plastic. And, to be safe, stop consuming food and drink out of all plastics!
Related Post: Replace your Plastic Bottles with Stainless Steel