- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
2 Boxes of Candy Canes
White frosting (a tube works best)
Bag of baby M&Ms
Cello Bags or Syran Wrap
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula evenly press mixture onto a Cookie Sheet lined with parchment paper (You can also press into a buttered pan but a cookie sheet makes it easier to cut the krispie treats).
4. Cool Slightly then cut into triangles to form the shape of a tree. Or use a cookie cutter for a different shape such as an ornament.
5. While still warm poke a candy cane through the bottom of the tree.
6. Let fully cool down (I put mine outside for an hour) then apply some white frosting and stick mini m&ms onto the frosting to create tree decorations or use your own creative ideas.
7. Once frosting is dried and candy cane is set inside of tree then you can package them individually into clear cello bags or syran wrap. Tie a festive bow on the bottom of the candy cane. Or tie a bow on top of the tree around the cello bag.