Blueberry Scones – this an old Maine Receipt that I modified
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (I use 1/8 cup lightly packed)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Butter (receipt says cold but I use it room temp)
- 1 Cup Maine Blueberries (or other berries – frozen ok but coat with flour)
- 3/4 Cup 1/2 and 1/2 Cream (I use lactose free whole milk)
- 1 Egg
- Natural Raw Sugar for the top
Cut Butter into Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder & Salt.
Beat Cream and Egg together then pour into dry ingredients.
Fold in Berries. Sprinkle tops with natural raw sugar.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.