The Facts on Fish Oil vs. Krill Oil by VitaCost. A simple explanation!
- Fish oil is typically derived from mackerel, herring, tuna, halibut, salmon or cod
- Rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids, which may support cardiovascular health, joint function, healthy mood and cognitive function**
- Fish oil supplements offer a convenient way to obtain EFAs without consuming more fish
- Krill oil comes from tiny, shrimp-like crustaceans found in cold Atlantic waters
- The oil is a good, easily absorbable source of both DHA and EPA, two of the most studied omega-3 essential fatty acids**
- Krill also provides vitamins A & E and is often paired with other antioxidants, such as astaxanthin
**These statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.